Is CLAT a good career option
MAGIC BEANS OF CLAT
A glorious career is the sine qua non of today’s generation!
Once you have passed the most fearful ‘board’ exams there is a sumptuous menu of career options presented on a golden plate before you. You are the sole decider. When given freedom of choice, you better choose the best!
Talking of best, experts hold the view that LAW is the most beneficial field. The perk-o-logy of this grand career is wide and it starts with 4 alphabet word- CLAT. Let’s probe into the depth of this term.
CLAT is a national level competitive exam held in India for law aspirants. Herein 21 National Law Universities (NLU) take in selected students for admission in their institute. The exam can be taken either after class 12th or graduation. It is a 2 hour- 200 marks exam concerned with some basic areas such as: Mathematics, English, G.K, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
Why am I describing the structure? What’s with the marks and time?
Well dear all this is to give you a trailer of how simple and beneficial the arena of CLAT is. Succeeding this exam paves way for dozen of advantages and here is a wholesome list of the same:
· ICLS- Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS) is a fulfilling opportunity from both point of view of finance as well as repute. To mark your entry in ICLS you first need to pass the Civil Exam conducted by UPSC. This opens doors to State level law employment.
· Law firms- Individual law firms are burgeoning in India. Prodigious lawyers indulge in partnership with each other and form a brand wherein they render legal expertise to clients. Not only that, these firms also participate in college campus and aim to recruit+ train deserving students.
· Professor- The most noble and age old profession- teaching is linked to each and every field so why not law? Once you are a law scholar the position of ‘guru’ is open for you. Demand for good law teachers is quite high and provides repute+ descent salary so it eventually turns out to be the most sought out career. There is a certain leave of ease herein unlike other hectic work areas.
· Corporate sector- There is not a single MNC or well- established firm which does not require its own judiciary. Laws and rules prevail everywhere be it a small merchandise. The big ones, although, have their own legal department wherein there is sufficient opening for law graduates and law practitioners. Not only private sectors but also Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) and banks invite law professionals.
· Judiciary- Of course, how could one forget, Indian Judiciary is the foremost choice of all law dreamers. There is a plethora of levels in Indian Judiciary for which clearing State Level Judiciary Exam is mandatory. Entry level judge then High Court Judge, that’s how the chain of position proceeds. Although a bit longer but advocate profession is a good alternative to make your place in Indian Judiciary.
· Career outside India- Pursuing bachelors in law also makes you eligible to opt for Master course in law in foreign countries. This is a matter of immense exposure for the lucky ones. There is a bunch of choices in foreign: associate, attorney, drafter, legal researchers in different genres such as: Corporate law, Intellectual property, Environmental law, Human rights etc.
· Last but not the least the highest positions like IAS, IPS, IFS could also be availed with CLAT.
Long story cut short, CLAT Exam is that miraculous exam which will simply adorn your career life with jewels of success!